Thursday, March 09, 2006

Who's running this outfit anyways?


So today we got word from corporate that we will be getting revised Lobsterfest handout menus. Lobsterfest started 8 days ago, and they've already decided to screw with things. They will be taking the photo of the best meal (as a waiter) the Lobster Lover's Dream out of the menu and replacing it with a meal that doesn't even include lobster on it (Seaside Shrimp Trio from what we're told). So something like 450 stores will now have to throw away all of the previously printed menus, and use the new ones, after just 14 or so days of use from the looks of it. Comical mismanagement, incompotence is running (and ruining) this corporation. Lobsterfest is the best promotion of the year as a server, and now some upper level manager who likely couldn't tell you the difference between a Rock Lobster and Maine Lobster is pulling this moronic crap. Wise planning there at the corporate level! I'm sure the share holders are impressed. Like they'll be impressed with the labor reports and losses because of this new 3 table system in the quarter. They'll love that. If you are a share holder of Darden/GMRI you need to demand better leadership or your investment stands to loose some ground.


Related Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a former RL employee. I tried to transfer my job when I moved, but my GM screwed me over royally, so now I'm working at a little rinky-dink Pancake House. Anyway, I can't believe they took off Lobster Lover's Dream! That was their huge money-maker. I love your blog, and I would love to read some reminescence about the "All You Can Eat Shrimp" Promo that happened in September. Thanks for the great read.