Sunday, May 28, 2006

Memorial Day thoughts


This has nothing to do with Red Lobster or waiting tables.

I would like to extend a heart felt thank you to all the Vets of the USA and their families for their sacrifices. Many have gone before us to pave the way of freedom with their blood, sweat and tears. They are what has and will continue to make this a great nation. I don't care if you don't love the war, any war, you darn well better love the soldier. My family has had its share of soldiers, and thankfully all have come home. Many others have not been so fortunate, so if you see a Vet, or their family, thank them.

Related Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"I don't care if you don't love the war, any war, you darn well better love the soldier."

Yes!!

dixiedarling said...

Thank you for the great post. My son is an Iraqi Freedom vet - having been through so much it is nice to know that he is appreciated for doing his job. Hate the war - you better believe it - Love a soldier - all of them and their families for the scarifices they make for me.