Monday, September 11, 2006

In memory of 9/11


I'm not going to attempt to articulate the loss experienced by those families of 9/11 vicitims. There are people far more talented than I am who will do that. What I would like to say is a big thanks to all those men and women who put their lives on the line every day - fireman, rescue workers, police, and the armed forces. Careers where nobody gets rich, and everybody works hard. Careers where few ever see the lime light, but most make a signiciant difference. It is on their backs that our safety rests daily. It is on their backs that our freedom is maintained. I salute the contribution made by each and every one of them. I am in the service industry, and they simply just serve. Just like many others I would love to have children who were doctors and lawyers and such, but I would be equally proud to father a child who serves their community and country in one of these other professions.

Related Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: