Friday, January 19, 2007

I'll be stopping by the Burger King you work at...


One of my personal annoyances with customers are the idiots who try to tell me how to do my job. If you have waited tables for any period of time you have had a run in with this type of person. Ignorant and opinionated are not a good combination there sir. Speaking out of your ass is generally not good social graces ma'am.

The people who pull a gift card and credit card out of their wallet or purse and put it into the check binder and then feel compelled to inform me that I should "run the gift card first". Thank you. Thank you for being so helpful. I had no idea that is what you intended. I had planned on putting all but one cent on your credit card, and then using the gift card. Your brilliance is impressive, you should apply for some of our corporate positions here at Red Lobster. I'll stop by later at your Burger King and tell you how to mop the floors.

Now I'm not talking about those folks with special orders mind you. If you want an ounces of bitters in your Bourbon Manhattan I'll gladly listen to how you want it made.

Related Tags: , , , , , ,

8 comments:

Hoodlum said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lobster Boy said...

Umm Hoodlum, I worked fast food for 3.5 years, I'm well aware of what I speak. I've done every job front to back in fast food more times than I ever care to remember. Perhaps you are the one who knows little about which they speak?

Lobster Boy

Tony said...

clown boy? is that supposed to mean something?

Anyway, I feel your pain. My favorites are the guests who will give you their order, then stop you as you're leaving the table to say, "Oh, and I'd like my salad first."
Seriously, it takes every ounce of restraint I've got to keep from looking these people in the eye and saying, "Really? What a novel idea. I think I just might start doing that for all my guests. Thank you so very much. You may have just single-handedly turned the culinary world upside-down."

Yeah, I have to work pretty hard at not getting myself fired.

Thepensivepenguin.com

Bella said...

So that's how it's done. Thanks I've always wondered.....

Unknown said...

People these days are simply BRILLIANT arnt they?

barista brat said...

too funny!

OldSchoolD15 said...

Haha, great post... Clown boy? I wasn't aware of the change in nomenclature...

And Steven, one of my co-workers, when ever he was asked "can you bring our salads?" (after he's just taken their meal orders) always cheerfully replies: "Yup! I do that for all my customers!"

Food, she thought. said...

you run into people trying to tell you how to do your job in every industry. i feel your pain. actually, i second the motion.