Saturday, February 18, 2012

Lobsterfest 2012 at Red Lobster





From Red Lobster:
It's everyone's (especially your server!) favorite time of year — Lobsterfest at Red Lobster! The only time you can choose from 12 of our sweetest, most succulent lobster creations. Savor classic entrĂ©es like the Lobster Lover's Dream, or try a new creation like Maine Lobster & Shrimp Trio. Come in today and join the Lobsterfest celebration!


New - Maine Lobster & Shrimp Trio
New - Bar Harbor Lobster Bake

Grilled Maine Lobster & Shrimp

Harborside Lobster & Shrimp

Lobster & Shrimp Linguini Alfredo

Lobster Lover's Dream

Wood-Grilled Sirloin Surf & Turf

Rock Island Stuffed Tilapia


My thoughts - best promo of the year.  Both in food, as well as in tips.  Thank you fish eating Catholics for Lent.  And Jesus for fish.

The Rock Island Tilapia is good but has a weird texture.  If you don't mind that, the flavor is great.  The Lobster Lover's Dream gives me a boner because of its price point.  I frankly don't like it as much (eating wise) as I do the new Lobster Bake - though I want some of Olive Garden's Alfredo to dump on mine to top it off.  The Surf & Turf is nice, though I wish we featured a King sized version with a large rock lobster and New York Strip.  You can buy up to that if you want, but pictures sell.  And if you're asking me, the seafood pasta is tired.  The only way you can get me to eat it is with blackening seasoning or something to spice it up.  But it is ever popular, so don't let that scare you away.  And the casserole in the Maine Lobster and Shrimp Trio just doesn't do it for me.  I like the idea, but I'd like more distinct flavors.  If I was making it in my kitchen it'd be a hell of a lot better, but it probably wouldn't appeal to as wide of an audience.

So get off your ass and get to Red Lobster.  And leave a fat tip.  And thank Jesus, if nothing else, for the fish.

3 comments:

mhaithaca said...

The Dream really does look good! Too bad there isn't a Red Lobster closer than 26 miles away.

Anonymous said...

26 miles, that's it? I have to drive 4 hours to go and I'm not complaining!

Anonymous said...

I miss the Icelandic lobster dinner that they had about 30 years ago!