- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (from 4 to 5 lemons)
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (from 2 to 3 limes)
- A splash of fresh orange juice (from half an orange)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups tequila
- 3/4 cup Triple Sec
- 3 3/4 cups water
Red Lobster Margaritas
- In a pitcher (or blender), combine the sugar and water. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the lemon and lime juices, and the splash of orange juice.
- Mix in the tequila and the Triple Sec, and stir well.
- Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
For Straight-Up Margarita:
- Combine the prepared margarita with ice in a shaker.
- Shake 20 to 30 times.
- Strain into chilled martini or margarita glass.
- Garnish with a lime wheel.
For Margarita on the Rocks:
- Combine the prepared margarita with ice in a shaker and strain into martini or margarita glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a lemon wheel.
For Margarita with a Salt Rim:
- To salt glasses, rub the rim of the glass with lime or lemon first.
- Gently dip into saucer laced with kosher salt. (Please note: Do this before the glass is filled with ice or cocktail.)
Chef's Tip:The key to a great margarita is not to over-salt the rim of the glass. Start by running a quartered lime around the rim of the glass. Pour some coarse or kosher salt onto a napkin, and then lightly touch the glass rim to the salt. Shake off any excess so that only a small crust remains.